Thursday, April 7, 2011

Your Prayer for the Day: Give me neither poverty nor riches


Here is Your Word and Prayer of the Day:

      Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
      Give me neither poverty nor riches—
      Feed me with the food allotted to me;
       Lest I be full and deny You,
      And say, “Who is the LORD?”
      Or lest I be poor and steal,
      And profane the name of my God."
      Proverbs 30:8-9, NKJV

Thought of the Day: The wisest man that ever lived, Solomon, prayed for neither poverty nor riches. He prayed against riches, that he might not forget God His Maker and Friend due to wealth and riches. He prayed against poverty, that he might not have to steal and bring reproach and shame to the name of God. So what did he pray for then? He asked to have just enough to meet his daily needs, and for God to keep him content with his daily "allotted food". How about you? What is your prayer? Riches? Fame? Wealth? Poverty? Homelessness? Famine? Disease? ... How about making Solomon's prayer your prayer today? 

Suggested Prayer:

   "Make me absolutely honest
   and don't let me be too poor
   or too rich.
   Give me just what I need.
   If I have too much to eat,
   I might forget about you;
   if I don't have enough,
   I might steal
   and disgrace your name."
  Proverbs 30:8-9, CEV

~ Pastor Sal Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

El diablo no descanse Durante una Pandemia. Y nosotros, si lo haremos?

Haz notado algo? Durante la pandemia del COVID-19, se sigue cumpliendo la escritura: “ y por haberse multiplicado la maldad, el amor de much...