Saturday, September 13, 2014

God opens prison gates and parking gates too



I was scavenging for enough change to complete the $6.00 parking fee at the hospital stay while visiting a sick patient who solicited prayer for healing and strength. I was leaving the hospital having just witnessed God heal this dear brother from a life threatening condition. Praise God! Lightning sometimes strikes once, almost never twice. Right? ...

As I came up to try and pay the parking fee, the man in the parallel lane was fighting with the parking validation machine. He used some explicit language which is not worth repeating. I drove up the the parking meter directly next to it to pay my $6.00 when all of a sudden the gate just opened. I blinked twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The gate stayed open in time for me to drive out, and just as soon as I did, it closed again.

I had heard of God opening prison doors and doors of opportunity for others, but never a parking gate for His children. I know, some of you may be saying. Pastor, you didn't pay for the service you received. Trust me, I made sure someone else also received the the same blessing I had. On the way home, I came to a stop light and saw a man without a hand who was offering to clean car windows. I put out my hand and said, "God bless you sir." He smiled and said, "Thank you, you don't know how much I needed this money!" ... I told him, "You don't now how much I need to give you this money", for greater is the blessing in giving that in receiving.

So I guess, we can faithfully and confidently change the Words to the Gospel song, "I Got a River of Life" to the following.

Instead of:

I got a river of life flowing out of me,
Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see,
Opens prison gates sets the captives free,
I got a river of life flowing out of me.

Let us sing:


I got a river of life flowing out of me,
Gives miracles and blessings to share with others indeed, 
Opens Parking Gates and the Hungry Feeds,
I got a river of life flowing out of me.


Amen!

Remember, God is not limited by time, space, or natural laws. If he needs to reach us, even by making a parking-gate open accidently, He will. God uses any means to convince us that He exists and will do "Exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or imagine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

El diablo no descanse Durante una Pandemia. Y nosotros, si lo haremos?

Haz notado algo? Durante la pandemia del COVID-19, se sigue cumpliendo la escritura: “ y por haberse multiplicado la maldad, el amor de much...