Saturday, September 13, 2014

God still answers prayers for the sick



I have to be honest. I believe in miracles, but I don't witness them first-hand too often. When I pray for miracles, it is usually for others instead of for myself. Sometimes,  God who has a great sense of humor, will allow me to experience one, sometimes two miracles back to back. It's his way of reminding me that I need to stay on my knees and stay humble.

Recently, I spent an entire night visiting a church member and friend who went to Urgent Care Center and was told to go "Quickly to the ER. This is serious. Go now!" By the time I arrived, he was already in the ER and had undergone blood tests, a CT Scan, and other tests to determine what his sickness was. I prayed with him and told him, "Your church and family is praying for you. Here is the promise we are claiming for you tonight: "So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you." Exodus 23:25

We prayed for his sickness to be removed by God if that was His will. Otherwise, for God to give him strength and trust to know that "in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him. (Romans 8:28). Ten hours later, the doctors at the ER said to him, "Sir, all tests and exams are negative. You are not sick. You appear to be healthy. You might just have a virus. That's all. You are not in danger. You may leave the hospital. You are ok!" ... 


Praise God for answers to prayers. As Mark Batterson says in the Circle Maker, "Bold prayers honor God. God honors bold prayers." This dear brother was getting ready to go into surgery, but instead he will be giving a powerful testimony at his church and workplace about the mercy of God in healing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

El diablo no descanse Durante una Pandemia. Y nosotros, si lo haremos?

Haz notado algo? Durante la pandemia del COVID-19, se sigue cumpliendo la escritura: “ y por haberse multiplicado la maldad, el amor de much...