Monday, January 31, 2011

Your Spiritual Boost for Today by Pastor Sal Garcia

 "Waiting Before God"


Goal for Today: To wait before God in prayer and to learn to silently surrender ourselves to God in prayer.

Bible Promises for today:


I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. Psalm 52:9

"Truly my soul silently waits for God;From Him comes my salvation. Psalm 62:1

"
My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning— Yes, more than those who watch for the morning." Psalm 130:6

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31

"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23


Thought for the Day: In all of hurrying and business today, let us not forget that in order to give to others we must first receive new grace and virtue from. Just like virtue went out of Our Lord Jesus when the woman with the issue of blood touched the hem of his garment, and Jesus perceived that virtue had gone out of Him, so also a certain amount of God's grace and virtue leaves the believer each day. Therefore, let us spend time "waiting" silently before God, to surrender our life  completely to God in prayer, and also to receive new grace and virtue each day.

Suggested Prayer: "Dear Lord. Help me to begin my day with a good season of prayer. In fact, help me to pray until I can't pray anymore. Then help me to take my Bible and read until I can't read any more. After that, help me to take my hymnbook from the shelf and sin until I can't sing any more. Then, help me to just sit "in silence" before you and let You love me. Amen."

~ by Pastor Sal Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

El diablo no descanse Durante una Pandemia. Y nosotros, si lo haremos?

Haz notado algo? Durante la pandemia del COVID-19, se sigue cumpliendo la escritura: “ y por haberse multiplicado la maldad, el amor de much...