Friday, March 11, 2011

When Earthquakes and Tsunamies Occur, Never forget that "God is in Control"

Here is Your Word for the Day:



“There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.  People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near. Luke 21:25-31

Thought for the Day: How fitting that today's Word of the Day offers us hope in the midst of calamities and natural disasters. Let us pray today for those who are victims of the massive Earthquake and Tsunami off of the coast of Japan, as well as for us who have not been affected by this calamity, yet are  "still alive" and have a additional opportunity of responding to God's Grace and Love. These words highlighted in red, in Luke 21:25-31, are Jesus' words to His disciples and Church. If you will allow me to paraphrase Jesus' words, I hear Jesus saying: "Be not afraid! I am in control of the world and its events, and the world is indeed "in my hands". These things must happen, but when they do, don't be afraid. They must happen first. However, I will be with you til the very end. Just focus on growing closer to me and telling others of My love for them through your life, kindness, words, testimony, and demeanor. Be god's Love to those that don't know me as Savior and Lord yet! Behold, I am coming back for ALL of my earthly children real soon ... in fact, sooner that you think!"

Prayer for the Day: "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

With Love,
Pastor Sal Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

El diablo no descanse Durante una Pandemia. Y nosotros, si lo haremos?

Haz notado algo? Durante la pandemia del COVID-19, se sigue cumpliendo la escritura: “ y por haberse multiplicado la maldad, el amor de much...